Archive for the ‘Internet marketing tips’ Category
When it comes to online marketing, there’s three major factors you should be bearing in mind:
- Conversion rate. One of the ways that you can really tell if your online marketing campaign is bearing fruit is whether it translates into more sales or inquiries. A good website will have methods for tracking this, such as Google Analytics.
- The composition of your backlink profile. Backlinks are more important than ever now that Google has again updated its Penguin algorithm. When it comes to SEO marketing, backlinks matter, and an unexamined backlink profile will harm your place in the Google search rankings without you even knowing. A good online marketing service will be able to access your backlink profile and optimise it.
- Visitor time and engagement. Another key indicator of the success of a campaign is how long visitors spend on your site. Ways to monitor this include tracking the average time a visitor spends on-site, tracking the number of visitors that venture beyond your home page and the number of ‘shares’ visitors make on social media sites. Increasingly, such metrics also factor into your SEO rankings.
When all is lost in your efforts to bolster your web presence, should you hire an internet marketing expert? One would initially answer ‘yes’ to that haunting question; however, it really needs to be construed as a last-ditch effort to either get sales, or head for the hills. Many people that want to assist you in your internet marketing efforts are simply out to assist themselves into your business petty cash – or your personal savings – while offering absolutely no resolve for your internet marketing quandary. There are several steps that you should consider before you throw out the marketing ‘white flag’ and submit to the mercies of another company.
Taking a step back and evaluating your current efforts and tweaking the marketing plan you follow is perhaps the first step in knowing if you should hire an internet marketing expert. Have you evaluated your current website to make sure all pages are properly optimized for content, your sitemap is properly constructed and submitted on a regular basis, and links inside the content are point to links on other points of your site? These first simple yet crucial steps can alleviate overspending for a simple foresight in your web site’s looks. If needed, print out hard copies of your website and see if the content looks smooth to you, is easy to read, contains a title and keywords relevant to your discussion and/or information, and has a proper pictorial presence to fellow visitors. These are crucial steps necessary for search engine inclusion, and the first thing an internet marketing company expert is going to do, anyway.
Next, if you are running a PPC campaign, look at the historical data and your cost per click stats, and weigh out the keywords you are using. Do you have negative keywords? Are you using long-tail keywords that historically do better than singular words? Simply give your campaign a good look over, and if all is working within your budget and soundly enough for you, then put that portion of the testing aside for now. Again, this is a step that internet marketing experts and entities will do for you as part of a monthly charge.
Finally, what do the search engines see when they index you? How many links do you have currently? Well, it is best to first put your website URL into the search box and see what comes up. IF nothing, then stop reading this and know that you should hire an internet marketing expert immediately as something is flagrant about your domain name. If this passes to your liking, then type “link:(your site)” into the Google search box, and this will render all of your internal and external links as seen by the search genius. If not enough, then it is time to link build and submit content to directories, which will ultimately boost link relevancy incrementally. Following all of the above steps, perhaps not necessarily in order, will give you the answer to whether should you hire an internet marketing expert or not.
Greg H., very astute in online marketing, promoting the search of lost persons and knowing about people’s backgrounds, shows his affinity for the internet through his writings. He currently helps others to find email addresses of people as well as helping people to locate cell phone numbers through Free Phone Tracer.
We’re going all the way back to 2007 this week, and the original Edinburgh seminar that gave the internet the well-received 13 Pillars of Internet Marketing.
As you will see from the film, the seminar leaders have identified 13 key principles for effective SEO and online marketing, which they believe can be applied to most businesses seeking to improve their internet advertising and marketing methods. Follow the topics in the seminar video as they cover:
Pillar 1 – Keyword Research
Pillar 2 – Website Design
Pillar 3 – Blog Technology
Pillar 4 – Auto responders
Pillar 5 – Paid Advertising
Pillar 6 – Press Releases
Pillar 7 – Link Building
Pillar 8 – Article Submission
Pillar 9 – Group Interaction
Pillar 10 – Viral Marketing
Pillar 11 – Visitor Analysis
Pillar 12 – Continuous Content
Pillar 13 – The Evolving Web
You will no doubt have heard that signing up for an affiliate network is a great way to make money but you may be concerned that it will be too difficult for you. If this is the case, stop worrying and start thinking about how you will benefit from an additional source of income. If you have a website, you are more than qualified to carry out the tasks you need to set up your site and have advertisements from major companies working for you, helping you to increase your bottom line with virtual ease.
Finding the right affiliate network partner is the key to success because they are the conduit between you and the companies who want to promote on sites like yours. For too long, major firms have wasted money on marketing campaigns that brought about a very limited return on their investment. This ensures that promoting on a niche or tailored site like your site far more attractive to a firm.
Making Money Online Can Be Easy
Once you have signed up with your networking partner, you will see that the process of placing adverts onto your site is a simple one. All of the relevant codes can be copied and then pasted into the relevant section of your site. That is all it takes and when you return to your site, you will see that the adverts are now in place, ready to make you money.
That is genuinely all there is to affiliate network relationships but of course, if you want to maximize your income, you can become as involved as you like. Some web publishers like to rotate the adverts on their site to keep things fresh for their guests. If a guest gets used to the same advert, it will start to blend into the background but regularly updating the adverts you place on your site, the higher the chance of guests clicking through on the link and receiving the commissions you are seeking.
Stay Fresh To Keep People Interested
Many firms also provide seasonal or limited offer promotions and these are very beneficial to have on your site. You may sign up for email updates from your affiliate network provider to be kept informed of all the latest promotions or you may decide to regularly view the network site for updates. Either way, staying up to date with the latest promotional deals can see you benefitting from the great deals and offers that firms provide while keeping content fresh on your site will keep them coming back.
There is nothing difficult or troublesome about affiliate network relationships and if you have a web site, there should be nothing stopping you from getting involved and making some extra income for very little work. More affiliate network news, tips and advice is found sprinkled throughout this website for you to feast your eyes on. Always remember to promote you affiliate network links effectively, ethically and never give up on the old school methods of promoting your offers.
Greg H, astute in many phases of affiliate marketing and criminal records reclamation, offers his unbiased opinions in every written piece. You’ll find him engrossed in his projects which include a reverse email search portal, My Free Email Search, along with a criminal records site People Search Pro.
This handy video offers some small – but highly useful – tips for making the most of your SEO-based online marketing. As the host explains, small tweaks aimed at improving your SEO efficiency can be almost as useful as paying attention to the bigger strategies, since much of SEO revolves around competing with all the other sites out there desperate to clamber up the Google rankings. With large companies hard at work on the big picture, there is a lot of scope for sneaking through their defences with cunning improvements of your own. Let’s take a look at the five tips:
1. Include images – Try and ensure all images that you use work for your SEO strategy. To this end, when uploading copyright-free shared pics, change the filename, title and alternate text to match your SEO keywords. Doing this makes Google realise that the picture in question is relevant to the search strategy and helps it to show up on Google Images.
2. Decrease the number of the words in your permalink – by condensing the URL for your post and increasing its keyword density you will gain an edge over the competition, since your URL will be more SEO-optimised, and also easier to remember!
3. Consider a Google+ page for your website. Facebook fan pages are increasingly being seen as the excellent opportunity for online marketing that they are, but SEO-orientated marketers should also consider creating a Google+ page. Not only is this the premier search engine’s own social media page – and social media and sharing is becoming ever more important – but it is relatively new, and thus represents an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
4. Create a YouTube channel for your site. Videos, such as the one above, are good for SEO in their own right, but by creating a YouTube channel you can showcase your favourite videos and add links back to your own commercial site, making it all the more attractive to Google and other social media.
5. Tweak any affiliate links on your site. Ensure that these are ‘no-follow’ links, which tells Google, while crawling through your page, not to count these links when assessing the site for its algorithm. This keeps your SEO “juice” focused and sharp, and should push you a little further up the rankings.
Facebook fan pages are a key component of online marketing efforts in 2012, having been steadily growing in popularity over the past two years. Consumers like Facebook fan pages because they are an easy way to interact with their favourite brands, and internet marketing professionals love the ease with which a successful fan page can create connections, drive traffic and create conversions. The only problem is that with so many Facebook fan pages now in existence, it can be difficult to find the right one.
Here, then, are four online tools dedicated to helping users locate the right fan pages:
This index of Facebook fan pages is generated by Facebook users themselves, and as you might expect is massive, with more than a million different pages registered. However, it is easily searchable, thanks to pages being organised by locations and tags, before being sorted in alphabetical and popularity rankings.
Another site with a good system of sorting options, the Fan Page List also lists top brands to be found on FourSquare and Twitter. When it comes to Facebook, there are a vast number of pages indexed for brands and products, as well as for other categories – such as celebrities, sports stars, bands and much more.
Created by Facebook itself, this browser organises fan pages based on the user’s location and categorises them via a range of options, such as Brands and Products, Companies and Organisations, Local Businesses and Places, People, Television, Movies and Music. Pages that Facebook friends particularly like show up when the user is logged into Facebook themselves.
Another Facebook creation, this site is an alphabetised directory of fan pages, people, apps and groups. For this resource it is essential to be logged on to Facebook, otherwise searches come up with lists of users rather than pages.
When seeking a new niche for SEO-based online marketing, it pays to follow a few simple guidelines, in order to avoid the SEO deserts and truly make the most of your monetisation. Here’s three to bear in mind…
- Avoid the “obvious”. Although a niche may have a lot of traffic volume surrounding its keywords, it may still not be the right one for you. See if it can genuinely be monetised by Google-searching the major keywords and seeing if there is much PPC advertising there. If not, it’s likely to be a sign that it’s a desert when it comes to revenue.
- See which players are involved with the major keywords. If your Google search shows that it is only large corporate brands that are associated with the keywords, then you will have your work cut out to match resources with them – you will need the services of a top online marketing company with a great site strategy, and you will need to be prepared to make a lot of effort.
- Check out the competition. If it is not all big brands in the niche, then take some time to see exactly who it is you’ll be competing with. There are various backlinks tools which can tell you exactly who is involved with the top search results associated with the keywords, and what kind of links you will require to compete with them. Again, a good internet marketing company will provide this service and bring a level of expertise to it that maybe you cannot.